If you have information about waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement involving programs or employees of the Department of State or the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), please submit it to us via the online forms as appropriate:
The Office of Inspector General Hotline is a clearinghouse for receiving and handling allegations regarding fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement or misconduct affecting Department of State programs and operations.
We would like you to think carefully about the allegation and the information you have available that can help us determine whether mismanagement or criminal conduct has been committed. To process your allegations, we will need you to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and victim. Your information should include:
- Who committed the wrongdoing (person, company or organization)?
- What exactly did the individual or entity do?
- Where did the activity take place?
- When did it happen?
- How was the activity committed?
- Do you know why the person committed the wrongdoing?
- Who else has knowledge of the potential wrongdoing?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. The more information you can provide, the better chance we have of determining whether any wrongdoing has been committed. We are very interested in the information you have to provide regarding waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement or misconduct in DOS programs.